Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fixated on socks

I'm back from Florida. Every time we go there I think, oh cool, we can spend time on the beautiful beach. But then I go to the beach...and get sand in my suit...and in my hair...and everywhere...and there's seaweed in the water...and God knows what else...and I realize, I like looking at the beach. There's a distinct difference. So after going to the beach once the first day, we spent the rest of our time at the pool near my husband's grandparent's house.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Usually we go to St. Andrew's State Park, but didn't get around to it this time. I do like the shallow "kiddy pool" area by the rocks -- that part feels safe enough for me to enjoy. Maybe we'll hit that spot next time.

The most important parts of my trip were getting raw oysters and boiled peanuts. (Not together!) If you've never had hot boiled peanuts, you must try them at least once. They are soft, and taste somewhere between a salty mashed potato and a bean, with a little bit of peanut flavor. Very unique. Very yummy.

Here's a sexy little pair of footies that I completed for my aunt while we were there:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Her birthday is on the 14th of this month, so I got a gift done early for a change! It feels great to be early!

STATS
Yarn: Cascade Fixation, almost 1 ball, Dark Purple
Pattern: Lace Wings Fixation Socks
Cast on: June 2nd
Cast off: June 6th
Notes: Easy, quick pattern. I love the fact that these were knit with stretchy yarn. My aunt's feet are size (US) 6 wide, and she lives in NJ, so it would suck if they didn't fit. The fact that these will stretch to fit (very tightly) my 8-1/2 foot makes me think that they'll probably be a perfect fit for her. One thing about this yarn is that it's very difficult to avoid ladders in-between needles. I would suggest the magic loop technique for this yarn, if possible. I've never tried that yet, but for my first sock with that method, I'll use Fixation.

I started these socks for Max, and if the yarn holds my interest, I'll knit up a pair for Sparky to match.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Max's 1st birthday is tomorrow, and most likely I won't finish these by then (who am I kidding? I definitely won't). But anyway, since I've already knit one pair of socks for Sparky (remember the little blue ones?), I figured that Max could use a little knitting love from Mamma.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...