Thursday, June 01, 2006

All hail the humble dishcloth!

Posted by: faithdarling on Buzznet
For the knitting class I teach, I decided to have a Knitted Dishcloth month. Here are the dishcloths that I finished on Tuesday:



Click to look through gallery of each.

Stats:
Yarn: Sugar 'N Cream cotton.
Needles: Size #4 straights (since I can't possibly get gauge with anything larger, even though it's worsted weight -- a cotton problem).
Cast-on to cast-off: Can't remember exactly, but it took me about a week, I think.
Notes: I had no idea how much fun a dishcloth could be! They're the perfect swatch to try stuff out on. Knit a dishcloth to test something out, and in the end, no matter what it looks like, you've got something usable! The only drawback is that I'm not crazy about using cotton -- it is a little bit hard on the hands. I'll definitely be making some of these for my home though. It was hard to sell them to the store!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...