Monday, May 08, 2006

Texture, baby!

I picked back up the Textured Tweed Clutch (From IK Crochet, Fall 2005) and have been working on it this week. As it turns out, I was almost done! This was supposed to be my sister's Christmas gift, but seeing as today is her birthday, it'll be a belated birthday gift instead (as per tradition, she hasn't sent me mine yet either, so we're even.) =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All that needs to be done now is to line it with fabric (not in the pattern, but totally needs to be done to make this functional), and find a leather covered buckle. Any tips on where I might find a good one?

Crochet always makes me a little nervous. It feels so free form to me, so open to interpretation. I learned mainly from a book, so I always think, "what if I'm putting the hook into the wrong part of the loop? What if I'm counting from a different starting place? What if...what if...what if...?" It's very disconcerting to a perfectionist like this particular chick. But it seems that my projects generally come out well, so even if there's something a little different (is there) about the way that I crochet, it tends to look like the picture, so maybe I am doing it right after all. Generally speaking, I am always able to feel confidant about learning a new knitting technique by myself, but maybe I should look into some crochet classes. Hmm.

I went to my (sort of) LYS on Friday and picked up some more Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in deep, grapey purple to make a Kiri shawl. I only snagged one skein of it, because I intend to make it more of a kerchief/scarf to tie around my neck. Having a babe in arms doesn't really lend itself to long, flowey shawls that drape loosely over the arms.

Will show progress pics as soon as there's something to show for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...