Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What's wrong here?

Ok. I've been experiencing severe project ADD. I don't know if it's the rainy days making me all restless and antsy, or just being pregnant, or...the fact that I haven't started any of my Christmas knitting (which isn't much this year, but still!), but I cannot seem to be able to just sit down and work on the Sparky sweater. Normally I'm very good at sticking with something and finishing. My intention was to bring it closer to completion yesterday, and...I think that I got about 4 rows done. Well maybe a few more than that, but not much. Instead, I did this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's about 4 ounces of Peruvian Alpaca, given to me by my friend Laura (currently deployed overseas. I miss you!). She'd picked it up for me at MSW festival, and I dyed it myself a few months ago. Yesterday I suddenly had to see how it would spin up. My honest intention was to just spin up a sample skein, just to see how the colors would play. Ummm, that didn't work out so well. I was spinning from the fold, and it was fascinating how the colors barberpoled even within the same singles. Honestly. I couldn't stop. It's a 2-ply fingering/DK weight.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well. I may finish the sweater today...(just keep me away from that wheel, will you?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...