Sunday, January 29, 2006


Yesterday I finished spinning up a bobbin. I had used more than half of the roving for this, along with what I'd spun on my drop spindle, so I decided to Navajo ply it so that I wouldn't have to worry about two bobbins. Here's my wheel, ready to go. The brown yarn is the leader, tied in a loop at the end, with my single ply tied in a loop onto that.
Image hosting by Photobucket
This is my bumpy mess of plied wool. It's almost horrific, yet I love it at the same time. I did that!
Image hosting by Photobucket
After Navajo plying the hand-spindle-spun stuff as well, I realized something. I'm not twisting my singles nearly enough. I read about all of these people overtwisting, so in my attempt not to do a Beginner's Mistake, I made one anyway. Here are my three little skeins. (The tiny one is the last of the roving that I spun on my wheel -- also underspun.)
Image hosting by Photobucket
Oh well. It's super bulky. I think Polar Bulky, actually. I'm going to dye it and then I'll see how it knits up. My intention is for this to be hats for my little guys.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...