Edgar is done!
Here he is, in all his glory:
Needles: #8 vintage aluminum straights
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, color #201
Cast on: honestly, I can't remember. I think it was last week.
Cast off: January 18th
The scarf appears to be bigger at the bottom, but that's just because of a funky camera angle that I won't apologize for. =)
Here I am wearing it, along with a serious expression as I wonder why I'm taking a self-portrait when my husband is home.
I ended up with 11 pattern repeats instead of 8. It was barely over one skein, and I could have stopped at 10 so that I wouldn't have to break into the second skein, but I was finally knitting the blue part and couldn't bear tp leave it out.
This afternoon I cast on for my Multidirectional Scarf, and called my sister to have her measure how wide hers is. Unfortunately she was out, sans scarf, so I had to guestimate. When my husband got home he said it seemed a little wider...so I had to stop and wait until someone can get me the measurements. That scarf was perfect. This one needs to be exactly the same. But I want to knit on this now!! Agghhh!!
While tugging on the yarn during an increase at the beginning of a row, my yarn broke, so I did a little trick that I just learned.
First, I untwist the yarn so that the loose fibers are out there:
Then I suck on each end a little (sounds gross, but it works better than wetting with water), and twist them together. Then I rub them briskly, and viola! Whole again!