Sunday, May 27, 2007

Spun

To all of the spinners out there: I hope that you know about Abby's plying tutorial, currently in progress on her blog. I love her color choices, her skill, and most of all the willingness to share with the rest of us. I can't wait for the next installment!

The fact is, I really can't wait, because...
DSCF6818
All of the Green Gables is spun up. If I get a chance to ply it tonight, I will. Do now, learn from Abby later. =)

It's hard to believe, but this project is more than a month old. I didn't spin at all for the two weeks my in-laws were here (I was very absorbed in the purple socks that were also taking a very long time), so I just left this on the wheel. Because I was spinning this so finely (the singles are a mostly fine laceweight), it was challenging, and really needed a good amount of concentration and consistency. In other words, stopping to take care of children and nursing a baby over and over did nothing to contribute speed or anything else to the project.

I've decided that I really need more bobbins. I only have four, and that just plain sucks when I get tired of one thing mid project (or realize that I've bitten off more than I can chew at the moment), and would like to move on to something else for a while. Even the ability to just switch back and forth between fibers and such would be nice. Kind of like having at least two things on the needles. Because it's going to cost me though, I've been putting it off. I'll probably wait on purchasing them for another month or so, but I'm sure I'll do it eventually. For now, it's one thing at a time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...