Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm an interrupted crafter

Lately, I've had to steal moments of time to be creative. And the phrase "stealing moments" certainly shouldn't lead to you to believe that these moments are strung together in any way. There's been a little too much of this:
And not nearly enough of this:
Last night was the first time that she let me sleep 4 hours in a row. And she did it twice (in that one night!)! Thank God for sleep. And I'm not "thanking" lightly. I never realize how humanizing it is to get some decent rest until I'm denied it for several weeks in a row.

However, despite the distractions and exhaustion, I've managed to create a quilted note-card set. I've been wanting a set like this for a while, to use for correspondence, and I feel a huge sense of accomplishment to have gotten these done. It "only" took me about a week to complete.
Here's a close up of one of them:
(Both pictures click for bigger)

Remember how I said that I was going to send out the prizes for the "Name That Baby" contest at the end of last week?
How about today? Right.

So I've gotten a lot of things done. Not in a timely manner, by any means, but they are complete.

Now if I could just finish that second French sock... (at this rate, it's a good thing I'm in the Slow-poke knitalong!!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...