Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lilacs and hair (but no hair in my lilacs)

Yesterday, for the first time this year, the air was perfumed with the scent of lilacs.





They're just starting to open, and I can smell them now even when I just go out on my porch.

Today I got this exciting package of fiber:


Someone on Ravelry put together a "Swap for Scraps" thing, and, while I've pretty much sworn off swaps all together (more on that another time), this one really appealed to me. You send in 4 or 8 ounces of something (any kind of handpainted fiber), and then the organizer rips them all up and weighs out 4 or 8 ounces of the scraps to send back to you.

The draw for me, I think, was the image of all the cute little bundles of wool, in a rainbow of color. What I did not expect was to have an actual plan for it once it arrived, but once I had them all in my hands, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it. But I'm not going to tell you. Yet. (Oh the suspense.)

Currently, my hair is long. Really long. As in: It Hasn't Been This Length Since I Was Eighteen long. When I was 18 I chopped off all my hair into a pixie. My husband is dyeing for me to do it again. I also dyed my hair every shade of paradise bird you could think of then too, and I'm no longer interested in that look. However, I'm having trouble finding interesting ways to wear my hair at the length that it is right now, while still being able to keep it manageable and off of my face.

I had a tiny bit of extra time before I left the house the other day, and did this:

Now, not that I usually have time for anything more interesting than a lumpy, Mommy Ponytail or the favorite half-flip-through ponytail, but...any other suggestions?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...