Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby Shower Project: complete

I finished the set yesterday afternoon:

Propeller Hat, Tubey, and thumbless mittens

And yes, I will give you the pattern for the newborn thumbless mitts in a subsequent post, but I'm too tired at the moment (pregnant insomnia last night...was up till 4am, woke up at 7:15 with the children...bleah)

After casting off of the 4th baby mitt, I just didn't have it in me to do a stuffed animal too, so instead I wound some handspun into cakes...

This was very happy.  Much more fun than working with Wool-Ease (although I can't knock the easy-care warmth of it!  Great value as stash yarn.)

The children were excited about winding the yarn; they love to help crank the ball winder and watch the swift go round.  Of course this can cause for some exciting moments with not-so-inexpensive equipment but we made it through.

I had a baby shower to go to this morning though (not mine -- for a friend who is due in about 2 weeks), so I managed to take a shower and actually blew my hair dry and put makeup on.  This is quite a feat, so today was a good day for belly pics.

31 weeks, my friends.  Nine weeks left and counting.  (Supposed due date: December 18th)  
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...