Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thick lace

After trying to work the Nightshade singles into a thick version of "Cherry Tree Leaf" (or whatever that one's called from Victorian Lace Today), I finally gave up (too thick of a garter stitch edge for such heavy yarn), and bought Forest Canopy Shawl.

I found that when the pattern and the yarn agree, things go much more smoothly. This is what I accomplished just yesterday.
Forest Canopy in progress
Worsted/bulky weight yarn is shockingly quick to knit up.

Detail of lace pattern:
Forest Canopy detail
I'm a little bit worried that the shawl might be too dense to drape nicely, but I've committed to it now, and I'm just to going to hope for the best. This will be wonderful to throw around my shoulders in the dead of winter even just in the house. Thick and rugged, but certainly warm.

I don't know why I'm so in the mood for this knit right now, but I just am. If I stay like this, it'll speed right off of my needles.

I've been trying to get the Socks That Rock Silkie in Beryl to work with a nice pattern for my Sockapalooza Pal, but nothing yet. I'm going to try something else tonight though, so I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...