Monday, June 18, 2007

Generous

Yesterday we went to a Krauterfest (herb festival), celebrating garden life. Click on the collage for more details about our adventure.

Krauterfest

This is completely random, but I just saw this fascinating and morbid bit on Amy's blog: Life Gem (turning a loved one into a gem. You have to click, you know you want to.)

Last week I received some lovely things from fellow fiber artists. To welcome Baby Daisy into the world, Abigail sent me these handcrafted stitch markers (I had admired her work a few months ago on one of my podcasts), which have Swarvski crystal versions of each of my children's birth stones:
(Notice also the adorable card she made!)

Click here for a close up. Abigail, these are so gorgeous. I love them. Thank you so much! As you can see, one is already missing from the set of six, because it's in a project.
(I can't tell you too much more about this project than this detail pic, because it's a test knit for someone.)


Then, if you remember from a few weeks ago (regarding the Green Gables handspun sock yarn), I had written about my life-long love affair with all things Anne Shirley. On Tuesday, this showed up in the mail:


Susanne (who's 4 & 6 year old boys suggested the name Leia), is the generous soul behind this gift. I was so excited and blown away. Thank you, thank you! I look forward to reading through the entire series again. (And I do still check your blog from time to time to see if you've added any posts!)

There are more things on the needles, but I don't have time to write about them at the moment. More in the next post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...