Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's a rematch

It's surprising how much progress I can make on things when I set my mind to it. Well actually my mind has been rather disturbed as of late, and the only peaceful thing that I can seem to do is knit. And knit and knit and knit. So I present to you a nearly finished Max sweater:

He's pretty pissed off that there is still yarn attached, and that there is a circular needle holding the neck stitches. He really liked the sweater though, and didn't want to take it off.

Since all that's left to do is knit the hood, I assume that this will be completed later today.

"But wait", you say, "isn't that the wrong color on the sleeves?"

Aha, you are very perceptive.

Yes, you may remember that when I started the Sparky and Max sweaters, the sleeves looked like this:

Mr. Fiberflash was looking at the light blue and black the other night as I was just about to join Max's sleeves, and mentioned that those colors look terrible together "I just don't want you to waste your time on something that doesn't look good", was the exact phrase, I think. I was a little bit mad, but then upon further consideration I remembered that I had some dark red in the stash... I don't know why it matters so much, but I really do want Mr. F to like whatever I create. Also, every time I dress the boys in the hoodies, I'll think about how Mr. F doesn't like it, and that will bother me.

I ripped back the tops of the Max sleeves, and re-knit the stripes in red. Just wait until you see the surgery that needs to happen on this sweater:

Right. One thing at a time, m'love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...