Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Duro Dress Delight

Sarah (the mysterious other blogger who drops in from time to time) posting... I don't know about you all, but we've had a heat wave in the northeast- no knitting for me. My residence has reached 90 degrees (on the inside) yikes! I have been scoping out this dress for awhile. I saw it first at Joann's and didn't think it was that great. Then I saw it here, here, and here. Most importantly I saw it at A Dress A Day, which is a pretty good blog if you really like dresses as I do. After two trips to the store I finally bit the bullet and bought this pattern and these fabrics:




Just to be clear, I have sewing experience and I do come from a long line of expert seamstresses (but I am no expert at all). The dress was not too bad. The cutting was tedious, as was pinning all the pieces veeerrrry carefully.
I also did as much ironing as I could as I made the dress. I left out the interfacing (blah interfacing), and I interpreted the instructions to the best of my ability. As you can see the dress is not that bad! Actually, I really like it! Except the little bunching in the front. You can't see it very well in these pictures but somehow I didn't sew the bodice pieces together exactly right. Still, I made a whole dress, and it's close enough! ps. it still needs to be hemmed and ironed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...