Thursday, July 27, 2006

Silky

I've just published the second episode of my podcast! Go check it out! (ETA: if you've subscribed to the show via iTunes, you'll need to unsubscribe and resubscribe to get the latest show, due to some technical errors -- otherwise you'll just get a 12 second "dummy" post that the server so kindly put in there for me.)

Yesterday, I got the latest Fiber Club offering.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I could hardly believe it -- it's Tussah Silk! Oh. My. Gosh.

I've been at my spinning friend Kiersten's house all afternoon learning to spin this stuff. I also learned to Andean ply and played with a Navajo spindle. What a fun day! I'll post pics of the Andwan plying tomorrow as well as more details about this silk.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...