Saturday, December 03, 2005

Cables wrong and right

While in Florida last week, this is what became of my Newsies Hat.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yes, it's sad. A moment of silence, please, for the first cabled, wrong hat.

Here it is after taking a shower. It took a little over a day to dry because of the humidity. Also, it had a peculiar smell that I've heard described as "Alpaca hairy smell". I can't describe it any better. It wasn't quite bad, just, well, hairy smelling.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is the sock that I'm designing for my brother. It's being modeled for you by the lovely foot of my husband. (Nice hair, huh?)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And a close up of the (correct) cable down the center.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am naming these "King Kong Cabled Footies" for the one fat cable down the center. My math was a little shaky, but I've realized that as long as you know what you're doing with sock construction, there's a bit of fudging that can be done with no real harm. I intend to have a second go at these after Christmas (for myself, maybe) to work out the pattern oficially, before posting it here.

1 comment:

Mouse said...

ooh.. socks with cables- those are really cool!! I've just had to rip and re-knit the few inches of my first (non-ugly) pair of socks.. so I'm sort of back to square one. Can't wait to see those finished.. they are awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...