Monday, April 04, 2011

Healthy and vegetarian: Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes

Two nights ago, I made the Pioneer Woman pasta salad recipe that I had posted in last week's  Link-tastic Friday.  I made a few changes (not cooling the pasta, because I wanted the heat of it to cook the raw zucchini just a little, adding crushed garlic and beans), and it was both super delicious and filling, so here's my take on her recipe.
 
 



Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes

Adapted from Pioneer Woman Cooks

Ingredients:
1 lb farfalle (bowtie) pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 whole lemons (more to taste)
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups cooked chick peas/garbanzos
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
2 whole zucchini, cut into small, thin wedges
10 ounces, weight grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
⅓ cups finely chopped fresh parsley
6 ounces, weight crumbled feta cheese (plus extra to serve)

Cook pasta in salted water until just done. Drain and put back into pot. Add olive oil and lemon juice, then add salt and pepper to taste (do not undersalt). Toss to combine. Add chick peas, garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, parsley, and feta, and toss to combine. Adjust to taste.  Squeeze in a little more lemon juice/drizzle more olive oil if it needs more moisture.  Serve warm/room temperature with extra feta at the table if desired.  (It's also great cold the next day for lunch!)

Enjoy!


 

1 comment:

Keri McKiernan said...

This looks delish! Thanks for the recipe - I have everything I need in my fridge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...