- The beautiful produce that I've just restocked our pantry with.
- Dancing with the stars, which started their 12th season this week. (The children and I watch it on abc.com).
- Our local farmer's market, which opens for the season in less than two weeks (plug the term "farmers market + your city" into a search engine to find out when yours will be opening this year).
- Open windows and fresh breezy air cooling our house in these early days of spring.
- This kerchief I knit last weekend, which is the perfect cure for a bad hair day (details on my Ravelry project page).
- A community of local friends to share and enjoy life with; the good times and the bad.
- Four beautiful and healthy children, and a faithful husband who loves me.
With all of the stories and images of tragedy and loss coming out of Japan right now, I am more aware than ever that I don't deserve all of the beautiful things that I have, the precious family I call my own, this solid house I live in, my soft bed, the clean water we drink and bathe with. I feel helpless to really make a difference; I cannot physically pull all of the suffering children out of that country and shelter them -- I cannot feed a country. What I can do is notice and appreciate the beauty and the joy I have around me, and be thankful. Infinately thankful.