Saturday, March 05, 2011

Link-tastic Friday (Saturday)

A few days ago, the little ones were playing out in the backyard while I tidied inside, and I noticed they were "whistling".  When I went to get a closer look at their adventure, I discovered that they were "Whistling for dandelions."  Because when you're 2 and almost 4, that makes TOTAL SENSE.  As it turns out, all that whistling was pretty productive.


 


So maybe I'm just the Mommy With No Imagination.  Of course!  Whistling for flowers!  It works so well!


 


I love the precious way these two play together...when they're not fighting.


Crafty:It's too short notice for me this year, but I'd love to go to this crafting conference/collective next April: Creative Estates.
A fun project for your own little Super Boy (or girl!) Superhero cape and wrist cuff.
I could really use a Pincushion Cuff, and keep meaning to make one of these.
I may have linked to this before, but it bears mentioning again: Action Pack is a printable mini-mag for children.  I know my kids are going to love paging through all of the advertisement-free, kid-friendly articles and activities! 

Food (savory):I made a pot of this a few days ago, and it was both delicious and warming: Ginger and Lentil Soup via Joy The Baker.
Snack food just got healthy with these crispy baked Kale chips (via Smitten Kitchen).
A non-vegetarian take on lentils: Lentils with Fennel, Kale and Sausage via Everybody Likes Sandwiches.
Apparently I'm on a serious (non-vegetarian) lentil kick: Sauteed Bacon, Mushrooms and Lentils (via Leite's Culinaria).
Greg doesn't like butternut squash or chestnuts, so I'll probably have to wait to make this till the next time he's out of town: Rich, Spicy, Velvety Butternut Squash and Chestnut Soup via Food Blogga. 

Food (sweet):
I'm very taken with the idea of this Pina Colada Cake by Smitten Kitchen.
Oh my dear goodness: Baked Kettle Corn (The Loaded Version) from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
YES PLEASE: Buttered Rum Meltaways via Technicolor Kitchen.
It's been so long since I had a vanilla ice cream cone with a hard chocolate dipped shell, because....well, the quality of the chocolate tends to be very evident.  Very evidently bad.  So I was super excited to find this simple "wordless recipe" to make my own!  WORDLESS RECIPE #1: How to Make Your Own Ice Cream “Magic” Chocolate Hard Shell via Eat the Love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...