Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More sick...and cookies and yarn

Sparky and Daisy are both sick now, so it's back to the Dr's for us this morning. Yuck. I'll be so happy when all of this is past.

Here's some fun we had yesterday, before I realized that everyone could be contagious.



I'm pretty sure that I've never decorated sugar cookies before. Well, I suppose that technically I still haven't, as yesterday was more about moderating than actually doing any of the decorating myself, but it was still fun. Sugary and messy, but totally worth it. (Side note: notice the premixed bags of frosting? Totally worth the price for the ease of use!)

Here's the three bobbins for my baby camel/merino 3-ply I've been working on for the past few months.



I finally got it plied two days ago, but...well, it's just too thin. It's a three-ply, and it's hovering somewhere between laceweight and fingering weight, which will put it squarely in the fingering weight range once I've washed it and let it bloom a little. I had really wanted it to be more of a sport/worsted, but I guess I undershot that just a bit.

I've considered making a center-pull ball and plying it against itself for a cabled-yarn (would be 6-ply at that point), but I'm not sure I want to do that either, since the yarn could just end up coming out kind of hard, and I feel like exquisite softness is the whole point of this particular fiber blend. Hmm. Well, it's being set aside until I can decide what to do with it, exactly.

At the moment, I'm still working on the sleeves for my cardigan (Rav. link), and playing with some of the new batts I've got. Pictures to follow!

Well, I'd best be getting myself dressed and then wake the children for our doctor's visit today. When we get home from the appointment, my plan is to crash on the couch with all of my little guys, pass out the warm tea, Kleenex and bubblegum flavored medicine and watch movies. Already, I can't wait for naptime. (Why did I give up coffee?!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...