Monday, November 10, 2008

The square has been turned

Bought the yarn Thursday morning, finished the knitting of it Friday afternoon. Gotta love a quick project! As it turns out, the timing was perfect, because my brother called me about an hour after, letting me know that he had landed in Germany and would be getting on a train shortly to come to my house for the weekend.

Jonathan was very pleased when I gave him his new hat.


PROJECT SPECS


Pattern: Turn A Square by Jared Flood
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden and Gedifra English Tweed
Needles: KnitPicks interchangeable circulars, sizes 5 and 6
For more info: visit the Ravelry project page.

He actually really likes it! He's been wearing it almost constantly since I gave it to him, which he says is so that I'll knit him yet more things. I'm telling you, Knitted Gift Starvation is the way to go. He's given me nothing but total appreciation.



My favorite part of it, of course, is the crown:


I did block this hat (as suggested in the pattern), because the raglan decreases really do benefit from a little soak and tug treatment.

I'm totally in love with the yarn that I used. While the base color looks like a crunchy, hearty tweed, it's actually a deliciously soft merino/angora blend, with nary and itch in sight (or...feel?) I want to buy some of every color that my yarn shop has for future hat ideas.

Now that I've finished with the hat, one would think that I'd be charging ahead with one of the sweaters...



Never assume anything with a pregnant girl.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...