Tuesday, November 25, 2008

February Lady Sweater

Last night, I wove in the ends to my February Lady Sweater.  I'm probably the last kid on the block to knit this, and I don't really know why I waited so long.  For some reason I thought that it would look stupid on me.  Once I put it on this morning though, I didn't want to take it off!


PROJECT SPECS

Yarn: Classic Elite Waterspun (discontinued) in Teal -- used 6 full skeins and a few yards of the 7th.
Needles: Size 7 KnitPicks metal interchangables
Mods: Did M1 increases instead of YO's in the garter stitch yoke.
For more details on this project, visit the page on Ravelry.

After reading through many notes on other people's FLS's on Ravelry, I knit everything just a bit short.  The nature of garter stitch is very stretchy, and lace blocks out beautifully, so I knew I'd be able to get a few more inches out of each part.



The raglan top was only knit to 5" before I started the lace, and when I blocked it, I easily got about 7-1/2" out of it without concerns about spring-back.



The lacy body and arms also blocked out another few inches each, so short-ish 3/4 length sleeves turned into the bracelet length I was looking for, and the bottom border at the waste grazes the tops of my jeans pockets.

For the garter stitch borders, I was able to square off corners and clean up wiggly edges for a professional looking finish.



I did use a measuring tape when I was opening the wet sweater out last night after washing, and I did not use blocking pins -- just laid it out on a baby gate (set out flat on my dining room table).  I gave each part of the sweater a good gentle yank both sideways and long-ways to get what I wanted out of it.



Because I'd rolled the sweater in dry towels twice after pulling it out of the sink (I roll it up 4 times with bulky knits!), it was all dry by this afternoon.





For the first time, I didn't have to use my timer for this photo shoot.  Sparky did it!  (Except for those last few detail shots, of course.)



I set the camera up at the proper hight on a tri-pod.  He stood on a bench, and I reminded him about the auto-focus feature (holding down the trigger half-way before completing the shot).  He did a great job, and he's so proud of himself for "being a very good helper" as he says.  What a helpful little dude!

Now I'm on to the Central Park Hoodie.  I dearly hope it will be the last sweater I'll be able to finish before the baby makes it's debut.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...