Friday, October 20, 2006

Broadripple II


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

STATS
Pattern:
Broadripple by Rob Matyska
Needle: KnitPicks Classic Circulars, size 1, magic-loop method (the only way I'm currently knitting socks!)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces, colorway Vera (good eye, Sharon!) =)
Cast-on to Cast-off: October 9 - 18
Modifications: I substituted an eye-of-the-partridge heel, and knit the leg to 8 inches instead of 7. Even though my feet are size 8-1/2, I still had a ton of yarn left over. Enough for at least one 8-1/2 sized footie, actually. Definitely enough for at least one pair of baby socks. If this new baby is a girl, perhaps she has some tiny Broadripples in her future? Maybe I'll just knit some, for fun. Hmmmm....
Notes: This pattern is perfect with handpainted yarns that companies like Lorna's Laces put out. The end effect pools in a brilliant way that mimics the way the colors were on the skein. This makes me very happy. Jaywalker is another pattern that works this way, and because of this, I very well may knit more of these as well as Jaywalkers.
The pattern is easy to memorize, and was a great "movie knit". Simple enough to fly through the rows, while just varied enough to hold my interest.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In general, I have set out to make this blog very much a Knitting Blog, and not get too personal about anything, because I figured, knitting is something we all do, and there is much to be interested in. As far as my views on things, political standing, religious beliefs, and day-to-day adventures...well, there may or may not be anything that you can relate to. However, I've realized, in my year-plus of blogging, that the knitting community is what we make of it. It is who we are, how we live our lives, how we treat each other and relate to the situations around us.

I will not turn this into a Life Blog. I already have one of those (a private one for family to follow us around the world). But, especially since we are now living in a very interesting place and live a vastly different life than the one I was used to, I will start relating more of the day to day things, and let you all see more into my life. I hope you don't mind. I promise that there will still be knitting, which will probably always be posted first. I know that there are days when I simply don't have the time to read everyone's life stories, and all I want is a progress pic to inspire or a little yarn pr0n to keep me going, so I'll try to keep it simple for you. But I've gotten to know some of you a little, and I feel like I owe it to you somehow.

To those of you who read the personal blog as well, please forgive me, because there will sometimes be repeats between the two sites.

Ok. Many apologies for the long winded and boring explanation of the fact that I will now try to make this a more interesting and personal blog. =)

Stop by tomorrow for a collage of all the socks I've ever knit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...