Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Orangina, Rapberina

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Oh Orangina, how long will you taunt me?
optimism with #3 circulars
Fresh faced amateur am I
Was it too much to resist?
Take advantage of her while defenses are low!
Does it make you feel coy to drop a few stitches
To slip in a YO
To repeat your repeat instead of a purl?
I've cast on again till your twist is untwisted
What determination have you to maintain your round form?
Hidden soft beneath Rowan label
Wound into pretty center-pull
Have you no decency?
Oh lace, oh cotton drape from my needles!
Scoff at me, go ahead
From between blushing strands,
Hoping to earn that place in the frog pond
Not so secret yearnings to be a party of tangles
Forgotten raspberry hued knots in the stash
You night animal, you restless mangle
Shameless
Though you may prevail for the moment,
Enduring many hours,
I shall conquer in the end

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I can relate!!! Don't give up. Orangina, is so worth it when all is said and done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...