Monday, May 31, 2010

More sewing and some randome link-happiness

Tomorrow is the last day of school for my boys.  I'm ashamed to say that I did not put together any sort of gift for Teacher's Appreciation Week, so instead we're putting together End Of The Year gifts.  I've got 4 loaves of bread baked/baking, note-card sets the boys personalized, and box bags. 

I cut the box bag fabric out last night so that it would make for easy sewing today:

 



Also in sewing news, here's a little pillowcase dress and bonnet set that I made for a friend's birthday (given to her yesterday):

 


I've also got a batch of Dorie Greenspan's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie (recipe from Baking: from my home to yours -- of course!) batter chilling up to bake later on today...just because I was craving peanut butter something.  In fact, I might make something that needs to be dipped in some sort of spicy peanut sauce for dinner.  Not sure what, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Random linktastic-ness:
  • I've emailed the pattern PDF for the Mendocino Dress to my nearest Kinkos which I'll pick up tomorrow.  I need to get started on summer dresses for myself!  It's been 90+, and I feel like I might die from the heat.
  • After listening to the latest Spilled Milk podcast, I have the urgent need to eat some Onigiri (rice balls).  It'll certainly be on our household menu soon...
  • This gathered clutch by Noodlehead has hit the top of my short-list of "selfish" sewing projects.
  • A virtual treasure trove of adorable (free!) downloads at Creature Comforts.
  • I need to make this Greek Yogurt and Honey Pie.  SOON.
  • For those of you who have been wanting to sew some little girl dresses but are a little bit intimidated, you can buy kits at Little Fish In A Big Pond.
  • Make your own Mustard (why do I feel so inspired by this sort of thing?)  :)
  • A cute, ruffled petticoat skirt that I need to make for myself!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...