Monday, July 13, 2009

More stuffed animals...

This week, I completed two stuffed animals for Sparky and Max. They've been wanting these for a while (they picked the patterns out from the book Alke lent to me), and were excited to have them finished. Sparky's favorite color is green, so the underside of his dog is a bright, vintage lime green, and Max's favorite color is red, so his owl has a red belly. Unfortunately though, the dog stands up, but the owl is not designed that way, so...it seems I'll have to make Max a dog too. And I might as well make Daisy and Billy dogs as well, just to get it out of the way. ~sigh~ So much for varying things up. (As we all know, this is nothing in life more important than Things Being Fair. When your stuffed animal falls down but your brother's stands up, that's just simply means that your mother has discriminated against you. Obviously.)

The dog:

Dog for Sparky

Same pattern as the one I made for Heather's daughter, but this time I blew up the pattern to 200%.

Dog for Sparky

The ill fated (but still very cute!) owl:

Owl for Max

Owl for Max


Not related in any way, but I took my knitting out to a semi-formal event the other night:
Knitting through the formal (boring) portion of the event
I knew that there would be a super-boring formal part of the night, so I came prepared. Dude, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Greg's battalion hosted this event as a "welcome back" of sorts for all of those who deployed, as well as a "farewell" to the large number of us who will be PCSing (moving on to the next post) in the upcoming months.

Greg and me

It was kind of fun to get all dressed up, and certainly strange to leave the children behind with a babysitter, and not have to worry about them during our time out.

Greg's band played for the last time (everyone in the band is moving to separate posts. so this was their final performance):
Hottest guy in the band

My dear Jillian:
Jillian and me

She did not bring her knitting. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...