Monday, June 01, 2009

I sewed!

Oh yes my friends, you read that right. I broke out the sewing machine the other day, just in time for a little friend's birthday, and whipped up this little dog:



It's got these little pleats on the insides of the legs to help it stand.



Ingenious little design element. I was rather charmed by it. Pattern is from the book that Alke lent to me

I don't know how long it's been since I sewed last, but I really enjoyed it. I'd forgotten how fun it is to put something together so quickly.

My children took one look at the little dog, and immediately felt the need for their own little creatures. I was able to get some of that started, but at the moment, I'm weaving like mad, trying to get Aunt Susie's shawl done by the end of this week. I'm pretty close to the end now, so I actually might manage it. Pictures to follow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...