Wednesday, August 17, 2011

10 Years

Well.  I had never intended to leave such a large gap in the blogging.  Sorry for worrying some of you!  It seems that summer has gotten in the way.  Busyness -- for the good and for the bad -- has overtaken the past few weeks, and I can hardly remember where the time went!  We are now in our last week of summer vacation, and we are all looking forward to the start of school on Monday.

Onward!

On July 28th, Greg and I celebrated our 10th anniversary.

As per tradition, Greg had this fabulous bouquet delivered to the house (calla lilies are my favorite flower):
10th Anniversary Bouquet

And as usual I had NO IDEA what I would make for our special at-home dinner-date...and at the last moment remembered that seafood is the one thing that I almost never cook, but we both love!  Since seafood also tends to be so quick-cooking, it's perfect for an elegant -- but low stress -- meal.

10th Anniversary dinner

I sauteed mussels with shallots, garlic, serrano chiles, thyme, ginger, white wine and cream to serve over fresh angel hair.  I also roasted some Hasselback Potatoes (without the pesto this time), and made a mango salsa (all ingredients cut in tiny cubes to make it easier to eat it scooped up in the mussel shells).  Using some dough from a batch of Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day I baked a loaf of French bread.  On the side I tossed some salad greens with an asian-sesame dressing (Annie's brand -- love it!).

My intention was to share with you the recipe for the mussels, but...then there was this really long blogging gap, and I don't remember exactly what I did.  Whoops!  So if you want to try it, take the above description as an unofficial recipe, and let me know how it turns out!

Greg and I, waiting to get into Roller Derby


I am so incredibly thankful to be married to this amazing man.  Greg is not only thoughtful and loving with me, but also an amazing father to our children.  He takes the time to listen to each of us, he is generous with his time, and he works hard to provide for our household.  He seeks out ways to make each member of our family feel special and important and noticed.  I feel so privileged that I get to spend the rest of my life with a man who is faithful to me, and a true partner in this journey of life.

Greg, I love you even more now than I did 10 years ago.  Thank you for choosing me.

3 comments:

dana said...

Congrats! Your hair looks super cute. Love the really short look!

Kimch said...

happy anniversary! 

Nancy said...

Much happiness to you both! I really missed your posts...glad you're back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...