Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trip recap (home again at last!)

We are home again at last!  Our trip was wonderful but exhausting; all that time in the car on the way there wasn't too bad, but on the way home, the children were a bit more fragile and there was much more of Mommy Catapulting Herself Dangerously Around A Moving Vehicle while trying to help each child avoid meltdown.  Thankfully, we finally pulled into our driveway on Sunday night, sanity still intact, and walked into our beautifully clean, peacefull home.  (Do you clean like a crazy person before a long trip?  I find that it's the best gift I can ever give to myself.  A clean floor, a clear head, a good night's sleep in my own bed.  Good stuff.)

All that time on the road, however, did have it's perks.  Here's a sneak peek at some stitching and knitting that happened along the way:

 


Highlights of the final week included berry picking with 6 of my 8 siblings (along with Greg, our 4 children, my sister's toddler, my parents and two friends = 17 people):

 



 


Watching the adorably plump, blond cousins become friends (sort-of):

 


"High five, Grandpa!"
 


Doing a puppy photo-shoot (my parents raise and sell Golden Retrievers):
 


And finally, going out for dinner and dancing with Greg and my sisters (along with a friend and one sister's boyfriend):
 

Dancing with Joy

 

Grace and I

 

(Note to self -- must get better at taking self-portraits!)

Overall, I'm glad that we went on this little adventure, but we are all very happy to be off the road and back in our little home again at last.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...