Monday, December 21, 2009

Pass/Fail: Aprons

The bad news: I skipped dinner and stayed up until 1:30 last night working on an apron for my mom that fought back until finally it sucked. It seems that it's a solid mixture of bad pattern design and operator error, which equaled Total Fail. I'm not even going to show you a picture. The bottom line: DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO SEW Simplicity #3670. You will regret it for the rest of your days. (I just Googled it, and it seems that someone more experienced than I felt the same way. ~sigh~) Thankfully I've already knit her a pair of socks, and bought the rolling pin that she asked for.

The good news: Before that disaster, I completed my brother's apron with great success.



I used the kit from HeartRocks Etsy shop, and I'm super pleased with it. Her instructions are clear, and it produced a nicely fitting, generously sized apron. My brother is right around 6' tall, and I think this will suit him well. I need to get a few more flour sacks so that I can make one for myself, and maybe some totes or something. I love re-purposed crafting!

Billy is napping right now and the other children are happily amusing themselves, so I need to get all of these things packed up to mail later this afternoon. (Although somewhere, in the craziest bits of my brain, I keep thinking I might be able to sneak in a few stuffed animals -- start to finish -- before I seal the last box...)

Current time suck: trying to figure out which of these free, crazy adorable tags to use with my gifts. (Also check out "Write it & Wrap it" over at Sew Mama Sew!!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...