Sunday, January 04, 2009

Love

Today, I was going to write a post about how we drove Greg to the airport yesterday.  About how we completed the trip in near total silence because there was simply nothing to say, or we couldn't trust our voices to say it.  I was going to try to explain what it felt like to kiss his lips that one last time as we stood on the cold curb of the airport, and the void that opened up in my heart as we drove away.  But in 4-6 months, we'll be together again, and today is a day for looking forward.  No matter how much I would like to curl up in bed and sleep until he returns, life must be lived, children must be cared for.  Putting one foot in front of the other, I will not waste precious time with my children, even though my husband is not here to share it with me.  The fact that I have a husband who loves me, and who misses being here as much as we miss him, is something to be thankful for, and I don't take that for granted in the least.

Tempers have been a bit shorter, and the need for hugs greater, but today day has also been filled with paper airplanes, hot chocolate, cuddling on the couch with books, naptimes, knitting, and baby kisses.


Easy Baby Cardigan for Billy

 


A belated "surprise" Christmas gift from one of my brothers (selected from my Amazon wish list).



Where there is love, there will also always, at some point, be pain.  And I am glad that I have a love worth hurting for.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...