Monday, January 26, 2009

Enhancing the stash

Saturday we had beautiful blue skies, and the weather was almost warm (read: not below freezing). I bundled Billy into the sling, zipped two sweatshirts over us both, and we all went out for a walk.

Some of my fav. shots:


Throwing bread to the ducks





Sparky and Rachel's feet



For more pictures of our walk, click on over to Rachel's most recent post.

So I keep mentioning this stash enhancement that happened after Greg went back to Iraq, but where are the pictures, you ask?

I had some Loopy credit built up at The Loopy Ewe (frequent buyer $ and gift certificates from Christmas), so I splurged on two sweaters worth of Lorna's Laces:


20 oz "Black Purl" Wool Top



20 oz "Safari" Wool Top

A very lovely member (who wishes to remain anonymous) of the Ravelry Spunky Group sent me a Spunky Eclectic gift certificate the day after Greg left, which assisted in this purchase:


(Click through to Flickr -- notes are on the picture)

I've been wanting to try out many of these different fibers, so this was the perfect time to indulge a little and try them out. I am especially excited about the Bison Bliss blend. I can't wait till I have time to spin it!

Today I went out with Rachel to Hela (similar to Home Depot or Lowes, only with a fairly large craft and knitting section), and we came home with 650 grams (just under 1-1/2 lbs) of merino:


We have batt carding plans for tonight!

It's always great to have excellent choices in the stash. I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as too much wool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...