Sunday, January 25, 2009

Billy's got a brand new sweater!

When Billy was first born, our winter suddenly turned bitterly cold, and our heaters throughout the house just couldn't keep up. I immediately cast on for a sweater for Billy...and just finally finished it a few days ago. The best intentions and all that. I suppose it's much more important to keep him well fed, etc., but....right. Anyway, I'm just going to have to adjust to this much slower pace of crafting for now.

I present to you, Billy's Sweater:



With hood up:




He was feeling like this photo shoot should be over, so we pacified him for another minute...




OK! THAT'S ENOUGH!!



Pattern is from Knitting Pure And Simple by Diany Soucy (free PDF download).

I'm not a huge Wool Ease fan, but for baby and young children, I feel like it's a very practical choice. The wool content ensures that baby will stay warm (but not sweaty like with 100% acrylic yarns), it's tough and doesn't pill easily, and it washes well -- quite important if you have a Super Spit-Uper like all of my children have been. (I handspun pure Merino for a sweater for Daisy when she was newborn, and she felted the front of it all on her own before she'd even grown out of it!)

Details on my Ravelry project page here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...