Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Batt crazy

Rachel and I actually got the chance to card a little! We managed to card 4 batts in the past two days, and I look forward to the days when I'll have more time to card more at a time. It was a lot of fun though! I've been slowly amassing colors and fiber for blending for some time now, and it was great to be able to reach into my stash "palette", and create one-of-a-kind blends.

“My Little Pony” to be added to Rachel’s small wool stash. (4 colors of Merino and a sprinkle of silver glitz)

“Into The Woods” to be spun eventually for something for Sparky – his favorite color is green, so he thought this one was awesome. (4 colors of pure Merino)

“Bollywood”, an art batt for some reckless, fun spinning. (Merino, bamboo, sari silk, gold glitz)

“My Deep Dark Purple” – this one is just for me! It contains the last of the actual alpaca that I learned to spin on. This will be spun very finely and knit into something special. Maybe an airy cowl? (Merino, natural black alpaca, purple firestar)

Today I've been making a tiny bit of headway on a three-ply I've been working on for some time now.


It's a camel/merino blend from The Spinning Bunny, and it's incredibly soft. If my husband likes it, it'll turn into a hat for him. (He finds almost all wool terribly itchy, so I'm spinning up a series of special, exotic blends for him to try. I'll knit tiny samples and send them to him to test for me. If all else fails, I could always knit a hat and line it with a soft fabric or something.)

Hoping to finish tonight:



"Winter Woven" Scarf Kit from Spunky Eclectic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...