Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Bad Penny, RIP

So I was knitting along, and had achieved about 5 or 6 inches of the sweater, when I began to notice an itchy feeling...so much for knitting with pure wool.

I would make a cardigan out of wool, but it seems that this was just not a good match for a short-sleeved raglan.

Sadly, I pulled the whole thing out, and this is what it looks like now:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At this point, I'm kind of tired of orange (I forgot that's what happens to me and orange -- I always think that I'll love the color, then get sick of it before the project is complete/I get a chance to wear it much/etc.) Oh goodness. I'm going back up to Rochester in a few weeks (where I purchased the yarn), so I can make a return if need be. I still really like the Noro, but now I don't know what I would do with it. Maybe if I return the unused portions of everything, I can get something that strikes me then.

One orange ball of Idontlikeit isn't so bad. I have an idea for a new yarn for Bad Penny...

Now though, I understand what the Yarn Harlot was talking about with seperation anxiety when things are off the needles. At the moment (are you ready for this?): I have NOTHING on the needles. I -- I don't know what to do next!

The Kitty hat is still in it's "regular" hat stage, so I could work on that, but it's not jumping out to me right now. Aha! But I still have that Silk Garden Noro! It wants to be a feather and fan scarf, I think. Tonight is Knit Night, so if I get stuck, I might be able to get some help there. First I have to find a pattern for it...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh no!

Anonymous said...

I'm currently knitting a super cute sweater... and for me, it HAS to be comfortable. But I can't afford all Alpaca or whatever so I mixed yarns for the chunky weight I wanted: 2 strands 100% wool, one strand thick Alpaca. Probably saved me about $100 and feels sooo baby soft. I highly recommend the mix.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...