Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Get Your Greens Shake

I've always liked the idea of starting off the day with a green shake. All of those nutrients and vitamins coming together in an energizing fresh drink.  The problem is, I figured that I'd need a superpowered blender to really churn all of those greens up...plus, wouldn't it just taste really gross? Last week I found a green shake recipe on the Greenling blog and decided to give it a try. With a few tweaks I ended up with something that even Billy could enjoy.  (The fact that the berries turn the shake dark purple instead if green helps with the appeal.)  Success!

Get Your Greens Shake
Makes 1 very large serving or 2 medium sized servings

2 cups kale, roughly torn
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1 banana
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (Golden Flax Seeds, with their mild nutty flavor are my favorite)
1 tablespoon maple syrup (or to taste)
1 cup cold water

Combine all in a blender and process at the highest speed until fully combined and south with no green bits remaining.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

Kristie Hammond said...

Thanks for this recipe! I have been trying to find a green shake I could swallow, and this looks like it might just work. My garden kale has finally succumbed to the winter's cold, so I will put some on my grocery list.

Sseifert7 said...

Sounds yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...