Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Green Slouchy Hat

Several years ago, I tried my hand at spinning some cabled yarn out of a bump of plain white Corriedale.  I ended up with a relatively smooth, sturdy skein of yarn that was otherwise uninspiring, despite the hours of work that had gone into it. I'm not a skilled dye-er by any means, but I decided to take my chances and attempt a semi-solid effect using one of my very favorite shades of spring green. Armed with several bottles odd green food coloring, white vinegar and boiling hot water, I took the plunge...and ended up with a fabulously vibrant result.  Since it miraculously came out so well, and so much work has already gone into it, I decided to wait until the perfect project came along....

I'm currently growing out my pixie-cut, which leads to a lot of Awkward Hair Days, and so I've been getting a heck of a lot of use out if my two knit slouchy hats. Last week I decided I should probably have another one, and suddenly thought of that green skein, tucked away at the back if my stash...a quick search through the pattern library of Ravelry, one afternoon of knitting, needles flying....

shot_1323902439625
Star Crossed Slouchy Beret.  My project details here.

shot_1323902500223

shot_1323902572366

shot_1323902553918

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...