Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Noro Socks!!! (And I'm on my own again for a little while..)

OK. I know that I said something about showing you some yarn I'm spinning in my next post, but...well, of course if I ever say something like that, you can be assured that I will do no such thing in the order promised. So here, instead, are some completed Noro Stripey socks. (Someone had asked me for the pattern via a comment here on the blog -- so sorry that I'm terribly behind on my email right now! But the pattern is here.)



Noro Stripey Socks

Noro Stripey Socks

I used a mostly gray colorway for the contrasting color, which I thought was a nice touch. It makes them a tiny bit more...well, matching is not the right word. Coordinating. Or something. Anyway, I love them.

Noro Stripey Socks

What can I say? Knitting these are just plain addictive.

Noro Stripey Socks

I've bought a mostly brown colorway of Noro Kureyon Sock for a future pair, because I was so fond of the way that the gray worked out. I think I should just always have a pair on the needles. It's probably necessary .

(For more details on this project, click through to the Ravelry page.)

Part of my business lately has been because we are now, full on, in earnest, starting to prepare ourselves for moving to Texas, which will happen in September. Greg left on Sunday for a week-and-a-half house-hunting trip to get our living arrangements nailed down, scope out the area, etc. It was hard to see him go, but at the same time, I'm excited to see what he finds for us there. In the meantime, however, this means that THIS HOUSE IS CRAZY BUSY. (And, to be honest, I'm just a bit jealous that he gets to go off by himself.)

If you've recently asked me questions via comments or email, please forgive me -- if it was really important, you might want to ask me again, because it's possible I've forgotten... not much is sticking in my brain this week. Apologies all around!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...