Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A brand new level of crazy

Today, I have no fiber content for you, knitted or otherwise, and here's why.

Today was the day I'd planned to clean for Greg's upcoming arrival.  A few days early, but I figured this would give me a chance to get a reasonable amount of things done each day without going totally crazy.  Let me just tell you: the nesting urge, once fully unleashed, is a frightening and powerful beast.  The children helped some, because of course the Best Thing Ever is to squirt excessive amounts of cleaning supplies all over everything, and we actually had a very nice day together.  Things accomplished today:

  • Children's toys picked up and put into their room
  • Floors in living room, guest room and sun room swept and vacuumed, including rolling up area rugs and getting under them.
  • All furniture moved and cleaned under (vacuumed inside couches, moved piano, corner bench, etc.)
  • Living room and my room dusted.
  • 7 loads of laundry washed and hung to dry (= 14 trips up and down 2 flights of stairs)
  • Both bathrooms cleaned.
  • Some windows and both glass doors Windexed.
  • Microwave scrubbed out.
  • Kitchen cabinet surfaces wiped down.
  • Hood and stove range cleaned on top of and under.
  • Oven door window scrubbed.
  • Computer room partially organized.

I still want to wipe down the inside of the refrigerator, finish the computer room and hit a few other clutter spots, but I had to stop myself after 8 hours.  It's 10 at night right now.  The children have been in bed for 2 hours, and I'm just now finishing my dinner.  I will clean more...if I can still move tomorrow.  I'm telling you though, this level of Crazy Clean feels good.

And while we're here -- a happy (and very belated) Thanksgiving to all of my American friends out there...and a happy Two Thursdays Ago to the rest of you.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...