Today was the day I'd planned to clean for Greg's upcoming arrival. A few days early, but I figured this would give me a chance to get a reasonable amount of things done each day without going totally crazy. Let me just tell you: the nesting urge, once fully unleashed, is a frightening and powerful beast. The children helped some, because of course the Best Thing Ever is to squirt excessive amounts of cleaning supplies all over everything, and we actually had a very nice day together. Things accomplished today:
- Children's toys picked up and put into their room
- Floors in living room, guest room and sun room swept and vacuumed, including rolling up area rugs and getting under them.
- All furniture moved and cleaned under (vacuumed inside couches, moved piano, corner bench, etc.)
- Living room and my room dusted.
- 7 loads of laundry washed and hung to dry (= 14 trips up and down 2 flights of stairs)
- Both bathrooms cleaned.
- Some windows and both glass doors Windexed.
- Microwave scrubbed out.
- Kitchen cabinet surfaces wiped down.
- Hood and stove range cleaned on top of and under.
- Oven door window scrubbed.
- Computer room partially organized.
I still want to wipe down the inside of the refrigerator, finish the computer room and hit a few other clutter spots, but I had to stop myself after 8 hours. It's 10 at night right now. The children have been in bed for 2 hours, and I'm just now finishing my dinner. I will clean more...if I can still move tomorrow. I'm telling you though, this level of Crazy Clean feels good.
And while we're here -- a happy (and very belated) Thanksgiving to all of my American friends out there...and a happy Two Thursdays Ago to the rest of you.
Blogged with the Flock Browser