Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ummm...

Daisy and I thank all of you for your lovely well wishes, and continued comments of support for our little family. You all are such an encouragement to me, and it really means a lot.

Several of you have wondered in the comments if we'll be going home during this deployment. Yes, we do intend on going home for the summer; one of my sisters is due with her first baby, so we'll be there for that, which will be exciting. I'm not sure about any other trips home -- I guess we'll just have to see how it all goes.

Speaking of the comments, in my Chocolate Berry Sweater post (two posts ago?), this blog received it's very first snotty comment. Now, I would say that I was almost honored to have my first controversial comment, but... well here, read it for yourself:

"The telephone and mobile service is fine in Kuwait. I know I'm a western expat who has lived here 10 years. Don't make generalized comments about places unless you know them!"

Hmmm. Lack of sensitivity aside, it must be embarrassing for a person to leave a comment like that and then realize that they've just gone public with their inability to understand something in context, and lack of reading comprehension skills. Plus, isn't this a place to comment on knitting? Ah well. It happens.

Hey look! Fiber!!


I'm making bagels for the first time today. My mom was making them, and inspired me. They're in the oven right now, so I'll be sure to report back on how they came out!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...