Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunshine is good for the soul

Being employed as an officer in the US Military is just a good job until that person is deployed.

I wasn't going to post about this because of security concerns, etc, but I'm not sure how I can get through more than a year without sharing about it here with you all.  In many ways I use the blog to work through things; getting everything out on the screen often helps me see things more clearly or at least be able to deal with them.  At the same time, I don't really want to talk about it, because I feel like paltry words can't effectively communicate the pain of it all.  I can't think of a phrase that won't diminish the reality of this time in our lives, and I would never ask for pity or sympathy.  This is our life.  This is his job.

My husband is my best friend.  The idea of life without him is ludicrous.

Greg deployed to Iraq a few days ago.  I won't see him again for over a year.

Somehow I'm still breathing, still living, still parenting and caring for my little ones.

When the sun shines, we will play.












Blogged with Flock

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...