Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

Not much knitting content here, but some pictures of our Christmas celebration. (I don't want to turn this into a family album or anything, but if you want to see more, you can click on any of the photos to go to the Flickr set)

Curious George book for my little monkeys
I love Christmas morning. There's something magical about gathering around the tree, anticipating each person's reaction to a special gift, opening up surprises, watching my children's faces.

Grace with gifts
Grace rolled out of bed just in time to open gifts. Here she is, wearing the scarf and gloves I knit for her (the hat is in her lap). It all fits her perfectly, and she loves them! What a relief. (I'll get posed, Finished Object pictures, later.)

She's holding a book that my Aunt Terry got me called Hardware: Jewelry From A Toolbox, and it's rather cool. I don't usually wear jewelry at the moment because it tends to be impractical with maintaining the little people, but this book makes me want to hit the hardwear store and make turn it all into wearables.

An outfit from Jomby and her first Russian Doll
I've decided that Daisy is starting a Russian Doll collection. I've always been fascinated with them, and I've found a shop here that stocks them at a great price.

Some of the books I wanted!
I love these books!

Drums!!
Mr. Fiberflash surprised the boys with a set of drums.

Little Drummer Girl
The Tiny Beautiful, playing drums.

Making dinner
And of course there was cooking. Grace and I managed to pull together a dinner that was not too time consuming, yet very special. The menu:
Romaine Salad with Pears and Cheese
Bread Pudding with Wild Mushrooms (made with Brioche)
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Tomato Sherry Confit
Broiled Flank Steak with Soy Citrus Mayonaisse

The Mr. bought a delicious, round red Reisling which complemented the meal well.

For the past few days we've been baking cookies and cupcakes, so instead of a big, rich dessert, we decided to eat cookies, and have a post-dinner appetizer course of interesting cheeses, crackers, and shrimp cocktail. After the children were in bed, we mixed up some Mojitos and watched the movie "Waiting". Fun times.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well, and that you celebrate you ring in the New Year in style.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...