Saturday, August 04, 2007

Meds and some handspun

(So yesterday, I finally decided I'd had enough of being sick. Normally, my body fights sickness just fine, and nothing lasts more than a few days, but this was just getting way too frustrating. A full week of fever is just not normal. My mom took me to the Dr, and she prescribed some Amoxicillan (sp?!), which is safe for use while nursing a baby, and I started the meds last night. I still feel like I got run over by a truck, but at least I'm not as stuffy. I just keep hoping that when I wake up from one of my many naps, I'm going to suddenly feel all awesome and ready to take on the world. Still waiting, I'll keep you posted on that one.

In other more fun and fibery news, I can finally blog about something that I was working on in the last week or two that I was in Germany. When Mouse won first place in the Find Me A Shoe contest, I knew that I wanted to send her some really special handspun. We both happen to like purple, and I didn't have any on hand that I was willing to give up. I had a bunch of pewter Merino roving in my stash, so with the help of Kool-Aid, I overdyed to make this:

DSCF7463
I wanted it to match her blog, and it actually almost does.

I then spun some pretty fine singles for the end result of this two-ply:
Purple Popsicle Twist
If I remember correctly, there's over 400 yards of fingering weight-ish Purple Popsicle Twist.

During the wet-finishing it I roughed it up a little so that the fibers would bloom and felt ever so slightly, making a tougher and bouncier yarn. It should be a little more resistant to pilling than it might otherwise be.

It was really fun to be able to send something to Mouse, because I've been reading her blog since the beginning of my blogging days, and there was a whole year where we even lived pretty close to each-other. Somehow, we've still never managed to meet in person, so Mouse, consider this our little visit, and my thank-you to you for being a good online friend who took the time to comment on my blog even when I sucked beyond all sucking at the blog-thing back in the beginning.

Completely unrelated, but there's a stash sale going on over at Yarn Ball Boogie. It's good stuff too (lots of Manos, and other!). Go run over there and buy everything before I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...