1) Yesterday I was going to a friend's house for a "girl's night in" sort of a thing, and baked what I felt would be the obvious contribution: a ridiculous 3-layer chocolate cake.
I had already baked this once before (for my birthday this year), and it was just as good as I'd remembered it. The recipe, as should come as no surprise to long-time readers, is from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From my Home To Yours. If you have not yet bought your copy (for real?!! You've held out this long?!!), here's a link to the recipe, as published by the New York Times.
2) The other day I was tidying my studio and noticed this insanely pink/orange bump of Cormo that I picked up at MD Sheep & Wool this summer, and decided that I needed to start spinning it immediately.
3) However, ever since this landed on my doorstep yesterday, I've been completely absorbed with embroidered cuteness:
Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection by Aimee Ray
4) We dropped our children off at a Parent's Night Out on Friday, and my husband took me out to a fantastic seafood restaurant where I ate two dozen of these (aka: MY FAVORITE FOOD IN THE WORLD.)
Two dozen, my friends. It was heavenly.
5) Ever since reading this post and this one on Angry Chicken, I've been thinking about making my own lemon curd. Not sure why I haven't done it yet. I have lemons, I have jars, I have a recipe. I should do it today.
6) Also, I've been wanting to make my own Pickled Zucchini. I have at least 4 small zucchini in my vegetable drawer right now. And jars. I should also make THIS today.
7) As soon as my Local Produce box is delivered on Friday, I'm totally making an adaptation of this fantastic looking Roasted Vegetable Minestrone by Pioneer Woman. (If you live in the San Antonio/Austin area, check out Greenling for fantastic local, organic produce and other grocery items. Enter coupon code FAIDAR148 for 10% off of your first order.)
8) The S'mores Milkshake in this collection of S'mores inspired desserts looks irresistable.
9) I must make these Garlic Knots from White On Rice Couple. Or maybe just use the general idea to dress up some Artisan Bread In 5 Minutes A Day dough.
10) I am so excited that the new seasons of Dancing With The Stars, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice have started (we don't have cable, so I watch them through the full episode player on ABC.com -- and no, sadly it doesn't work if your IP address is out of the USA) :-(. With each new season, it feels like I'm seeing old friends once again. Don't laugh. I know some of you know what I'm talking about.
11) I want to knit this shawl. RIGHT NOW.
M'kay friends, back to spinning.