Thursday, July 29, 2010

9 Years of Us

Yesterday Greg and I celebrated our 9th anniversary.  In the past 9 years we've endured deployments in which we've learned to appreciate all of the time we can actually spend together, learned how to love each other the way we each want to be loved, learned how to make each other happy, learned how to upset each other...but no matter how much I learn about this man, and no matter how many years go by of experiencing life together, I find that there's always more to learn, more to see, more to love.


 

Flowers delivered to me yesterday


 

Calla Lillies were in my wedding bouquet (they were also in my paternal grandmothers, so they have special signifigance and beauty to me)


 

Sparky wrote "I <3 Mommy" and "I <3 Daddy" on balloons to decorate for our anniversary dinner


 

Hand-rolled linguini with bacon and littleneck clams


 

Vanilla bean panna cotta, served in the ruby colored wine glasses that we toasted with at our wedding

Greg, somehow each year I love you more.  For the good and for the bad, I'm a big fan of Us Together.  I love the family that we've made, and the life that we have.  Thanks for picking me.  It's great to be your wife.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...