Saturday, April 10, 2010

Creative moments with (and for) my children

Last night as I was getting into bed, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't added International shipping rates to my store.  Whoops!  This morning there was a comment from Carrie reminding me about it.  So sorry, all of my International friends!  I totally did not mean to exclude anyone.  But it's fixed now!  (Hope you enjoy your batts, Carrie!  They'll be off in the mail first thing Monday morning.)

This morning while Sparky and Max were with Greg at soccer practice, Daisy and Max had some happy playdough time.

 


When the children are so peaceful and happy together, I scarcely want to breathe, lest I disturb the charmed moments...

 


Once Billy was bored he suddenly started roaring at Daisy and seemed to mistake her arm for a snack.  Ah well.  The teeth marks won't last as long as these photos will.

These are some paper dolls the children and I made this afternoon out of some brown bags:

 

Sparky made a little girl doll (not shown) for his Best Friend Girl at school with her eye and hair color and a pink dress ("her favorite color!")  It was very sweet.  I gave him a pretty note card to write a message to her, and another paper craft to tuck in besides.

Sparky was headed out to a birthday party for another school friend, and said he would bring the paper doll with him because he thought she might be there.  Then, thinking out loud, he said "Well maybe I'll wait to give it to her at school...and then maybe my teacher will give me a Good Worker Board."  Oh, dear Sparky, already learning to work the system.

A few weeks ago I was suddenly inspired to make some little box bags for my children -- they call them Treasure Bags, and they're perfect for carrying small things safely around in their backpacks (I've lost count of the number of times Sparky and Max have searched around frantically through their entire backpack for one precious small rock or tiny bead...)

 


Daisy's got one too, but I can't find it at the moment.  It's purple, of course.

The insides of the bags are in each of their favorite colors (OK, so I'm guessing at Billy's preference here, but he can't seem to speak English yet.)

 


I made them following the box-bag tutorial at Drago(knit)fly.

The other day, I put a square of some openweave scrap fabric in an embroidery hoop, along with a blunt-ended needle and some left-over sock yarn for Daisy and Max to stitch beside me while I was working in my studio (Sparky has a longer school day, and wasn't home yet).

 


Their focused little expressions are so cute, I can hardly stand it!

 


They're not the only ones who have been embroidering, though...

 

(Because apparently, I don't already have enough of a creative outlet in my life.  APPARENTLY.)

Redwork pattern printed out from PatternBee.  (And yes, it's the same pattern as the one I included in the Hospital Care Kit for one of my bestest friends.  Because I like to do things in batches, I traced both over a sunny window the same afternoon, and just haven't gotten around to stitching it until last night.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...