Thursday, August 21, 2008

Learning to dye

On Monday, I took a little "field trip" with my fiber friends to a nearby farm for a dyeing day/class.

For some reason, dyeing has always intimidated me (what if I get it wrong?  What if I waste material?  What if I don't like my results?  What if I just suck at it?)  Plus, it's fun to be a consumer and buy pre-dyed things just because they're pretty.  However, after spending an entire day with these ladies, fearlessly dunking pound after pound of wool into the dyepots, I think that I could get used to it.  Really, it's pretty fun!











We had such a great time that we decided to make this coming Monday another dye day!  While I'm there, I'm also going to use my friend's drum carder to make up some batts with what we produced from last week.  I'm feeling glitzy, so expect to see lots of sparkle.  (Does anyone remember how I was feeling all earthy and organic with Daisy?  Well, with this baby, it's a tiny bit of a different story...)
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...