Sunday, September 16, 2007

Thank you Sock Pal!

At long last, here are pictures of my socks from Sockaplaooza Pal, Cat (of Domesticrafts).
Twisted Flower Socks from Sockapalooza swap
They are fabulous, and fit me perfectly! The red is a little more of a burgundy, but it was hard to capture in the bright sunlight this afternoon.

One of my favorite features of the Twisted Flower Sock is the way that the pattern travels al the way down the heel.
Twisted Flower Sock heel detail
I love them, and have already worn them a few times.

Cat also sent me these:
Fun stuff from Sockapalooza Pal
Thank you so much! Lorna's Laces is one of my very favorite types of sock yarn, and I can't get Burt's Bees stuff over here (sadly!), so I was very excited about that part of it as well.

Check out what came in the mail yesterday?

Ashford Carder
I found this online from a store that was selling it used for one of it's customers. I almost felt like I was stealing, scoring it for $100 less than the listed price. My husband is a complete babe, because he agreed to buy this for me without a moment of hesitation when I told him about it.

The moment I unpacked it from the box, I carded up a little bit of the fleece that I had washed the other day. The batt came off the carder huge and voluminous, so I had to sit right down at the wheel to see what it would do.
From raw
Is spun up so finely and easily! I'm going to spin up one little sample skein of laceweight two ply, and then another of a chubby worsted/bulky to see what works best with this wool. I wish that I knew what type of wool it is. It's so much fun to play with; there's tons of body, it's strong, but not rough at all.

I'm also working on a worsted weight two ply...
Green singles
But that's all I'm going to show you about that project right now.

Another collage from my time in the States:
Tuckerton
This was a visit to the Tuckerton Museum/fisherman's village. I don't think that it was supposed to be as interactive as we made it, but we did have a lot of fun, and we didn't break anything, so it was a successful day, I think.

Click for details and gallery if that floats your boat. =)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...