Sunday, September 09, 2007

Jetlagged, but here nonetheless!

Adjusting to a new timezone is already challenging all by my lonesome, but with my little crew? It's been a week, and we're just getting back to our normal routine.

Out on my porch, drying in the afternoon sun:
Newly washed fleece

This armful of raw fleece was given to me by a lady named Regina, whom I met when I was back in the states. I actually met several ladies on two different occasions, some of them sheep farmers, all of them spinners and knitters/crocheters/weavers. It was so much fun. Here's some photos from one of those days:
Fiber fun
Click to get to the photoset for more details if you wish.

The green socks in the top left are indeed the Green Gables handspun socks that I've been working on since Daisy was born. I finished them on my way home from the New Jersey shore. Also completed is the Forest Canopy Shawl. It's just waiting to be blocked out, and it'll be ready for it's photoshoot. I'll take another proper "finished object" pic of the socks, perhaps this week. I also still have to photograph the gorgeous pair of socks that I got from Sockapalooza!

The socks that I knit for my pal are finally complete, and I'll be sending them out tomorrow. Here they are!

(These are size 6-1/2, so my 9-year-old sister is modeling them for me)
Marina Piccola Socks
I love the way the stockinette portion waves back and forth opposite the twisted stitch patterning.
Marina Piccola detail
PROJECT SPECS
Pattern: Marina Piccola by Kate GilbertNeedles: KnitPicks Options size 0
Yarn: Socks That Rock Silkie, colorway Beryl
Modifications: None
Notes: I love this pattern. It's a little fussy, and I had to pay attention to it, but after a while I was able to knit without the chart, which made it way easier. (I say "after a while", but that really means that by the end of the second sock I had it memorized. Perhaps I'm a bit slow.) I love the fact that it can be adapted to any gauge, and knit to any size. This makes it endlessly useful for any yarn you might be using.

The pattern was a Godsend. The yarn was pooling terribly with everything else that I tried until I chose this one. Hurrah for Kate!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...