Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independance Day! (And the winners are...)

Happy Independance Day to all of my dear American readers. Happy Wednesday to all of my (equally dear) international friends.

We had a fabulous four days in Berlin.
Happy To Be Alive
I wanted to stay longer, but it was lovely to sleep in my own bed again last night. (Lots of photos to follow, but I don't have them all uploaded yet.)

We got in later than expected, so I'm late on the contest announcement, but better late than never, yes?

It was difficult to decide. Shoe shopping with all of you was way more fun and way more interesting than I expected (wow, has it been that long since I shopped for anything besides wool?!) Making it more difficult was the fact that several of you mentioned the same shoes, so I decided to just credit the "first" mentions (as close as I could get it -- forgive me if I'm making a mistake here). The finalists are as follows:

In first place, we have Mouse, with most practical, supportive, cute, and great treads (Keen Calistoga in Black)
In second place Faith, with adorable and comfortable looking (Dansko Giselle in Espresso)
And in third place, Noriko, with the most interesting, although a bit on the expensive side. (Earth Echelon in Bronze)

The trouble is...I like all of those. So. I'm buying all three pairs, and sending a little something to each of you. I'll email the three of you tomorrow (since it's bedtime for me now) to get your addresses (if you read this before you get my email, please feel free to email me the info). Prizes won't go out for another week or two, since the children make everything a little slow right now (just trying to be realistic with my deadlines here!)

Unrelated, but has anyone seen Stacy's new Etsy shop? I cannot believe how fabulous her jewelery is, especially this one. Unfortunately, I can't afford any of it since...well, see the above paragraph, where I'm buying three pairs of shoes. Right. I'll certainly keep my eye on the shop though, for future purchases.

To my podcast listeners: I'm working on a new episode, so don't despair! I've got the notes written out, and now I just need to find time to record.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...